Moving to a new home is exciting, and with the help of a moving company, it’s relatively simple as well. However, while professional movers will handle the driving, you’ll still need to pack up your house. For most homeowners, no room is more challenging than packing up the bathroom. After all, you need access to your toiletries every day, even on moving day.
The team at WestPac International in Hawaii, wants to help. They share a few tips to make packing up your bathroom easy so you can move into your new home with less stress:
- Get Rid of Old or Unwanted Items: Bathrooms have a way of becoming storage units for old toiletries, hotel shampoos, and ancient medications that should have been discarded years ago. Rather than packing all of these items and paying the moving company to haul them to your new home, throw them away and start fresh.
- Pack Your Towels Together: The last thing you want to do is get to your new home and struggle to remember where you put your spare bath towels. Instead of using them as padding for more delicate items, pack them in a box together and label it clearly. This way, you’ll be able to find the box when you’re ready to shower at your new home.
- Use Small Boxes: Toiletries often come in small containers and can break or get damaged when packed in larger boxes. Instead, pack your bathroom in smaller boxes. Place items that may leak in plastic bags to keep them from damaging the rest of the box. If you want to reduce the risk of items getting lost in the move, place multiple small boxes inside a larger box.
- Don’t Pack What You Need: Some items, like toothbrushes, hair brushes, and personal hygiene products, will be needed on the day of the move. Instead of packing them, set them aside. While you’re packing the rest of the bathroom in preparation for the moving company, consider keeping the items in a different area so they don’t get mixed up in the move.
- Avoid Packing Cleaning Supplies: Moving chemical cleaners is actually hazardous, both to you and your items. Rather than packing your cleaning supplies, use up your current selection and plan on purchasing new cleaners at your new home. This way, you won’t have to worry about bleach-filled cleaner getting all over your sensitive bathroom essentials.
Moving doesn’t have to be difficult. Let Honolulu’s most trusted moving company help with your next move. The experienced team at WestPac International will help every step of the way, from finding the right moving supplies to transporting your belongings. Learn more online and call (808) 845-9711 for a free estimate.